Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome to TheInteriorDesign blog! I'm new to blogging but very excited about it. I moved to the great city of Pittsburgh, Pa in 2006 and began attending the Art Institute of Pittsburgh to pursue my dreams of being a designer. I am now pleased to call Pittsburgh my home and Interior Design my profession. I've only dipped my toes into the design industry but I've been completely submerged in design my whole life. Since I was a child I've always felt the need to make things look pretty. I can remember getting so irritated that my barbie furniture wasn't scaled to fit in my barbie home! In high school I worked at Bed Bath and Beyond, making beds and helping people chose the right draperies and it even went as far as me helping them put back those awful ones they had in their cart...In college I started as an Interior Design major and then switched to Industrial Design. Although I wish I would have graduated with an Interior degree I realize now that having a background of both majors has made me very well rounded. I can decorate your home and put up drywall!

I am "in love" with a lot of things, so although this blog is mainly about interior design, I will occasionally throw in  a great recipe (since i'm learning to cook) or a new Pittsburgh hot spot. My main focus is consignment finds, refurbished furniture and interior design diy. Before I forget I would also like to mention that I am a licensed interior designer and I would love to help you out with any type of design! So be sure to follow me on twitter @mb_decorandyou, and my facebook page decor and you. Hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment